[bcbirdclub] Vacation Birds

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 13:04:41 -0400

Here's some of the birds from my vacation. I added Painted Bunting to my life
list today, while birding Huntington Beach State Park. This is one of the best
birding spots I've visited yet! Wading birds were abundant with close to a
hundred Tri-colored Herons, dozens of Snowy Egrets, Little and Great Blue
Herons, Great Egrets and both Night-herons. Hanging around the feeders with
the Painted Buntings, I found the Prothonotary Warbler pictured below. I also
found large flocks of Wood Storks and Ibises.

Daryl

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image