[bcbirdclub] Sugar Hollow Wetlands

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:49:03 -0500

I took my parents for a walk through the wetlands area of Bristol's Sugar
Hollow Park yesterday. It was a gorgeous afternoon & we enjoyed our walk. We
were greeted by a Winter Wren near the beginning of the boardwalk & had
close-ups of a couple of pairs of Mallards enjoying the Duckweed. A few
Chickadees & Yellow-rumped Warblers were noted as we walked, but the highlight
had to be a gray phase Screech Owl sunning itself in the opening of one of the
Wood Duck boxes along the boardwalk. This little wetlands area always seems to
have something good to offer. Don't forget to check it out when you're in the
Bristol area.

DaveR/Breaks,VA