[bcbirdclub] Sheldon Update

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:23:06 -0500

HI All,
Yesterday, Saturday, I talked with one of Sheldon's in-laws and got the
following report.
Sheldon has been taken off the heavy pain medication and was somewhat alert on
Friday, though he was still on the ventilator. However, on Friday night he
vomited and it was feared by his doctors that he may have aspirated some of it
into his lungs, and that this could cause pneumonia.
On Saturday he was taken off the ventilator and was breathing on his own, but
with some difficulty. I haven't heard any more news today.
Getting off the ventilator is a milestone, and if he doesn't have other
complications maybe he will start showing improvement.
Thanks to club member Ann McRae for providing a card Saturday at Burkes Garden
for everyone to sign for Sheldon.
I think we got everyone to sign it except we missed Mollie, so Mollie we signed
it for you and then mailed it to Sheldon at the hospital.