[bcbirdclub] RCBC Picnic Additional Information

  • From: John Kelly <johnpeterkelly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:11:52 -0400

All,

I've spoken with the owner of the Raven Ridge Lodge and he's given me some
information I wanted to pass on.

1. The turn off is indeed at the top of Rt 80 in Hayter's Gap, next to the
parking area for the Channels Hike. The gate on the road will be closed
but not locked. Please *close the gate behind your car* after you go
through. Follow the road for 7/10 of a mile and then turn right onto the
driveway which will switchback a few times before reaching the house.

2. There is not a lot of parking at the top of the hill, so carpool if
possible. Another option is to park at the Channels hike parking before
the gate and just carpool the drive up to the house.

3. There are only a few picnic tables and they are far from the lodge so
bring folding tables and lawn chairs.

4. The house will be open so we can use the restrooms.

If you have any questions, you can reach me by email or 276-206-0842.

--John

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 8:54 PM, John Kelly <johnpeterkelly@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The Russell County Bird Club will have the annual picnic at the Raven
Ridge Lodge on Sunday, August 23rd, 2015. The Lodge address is:

21705 Ravens Ridge
Saltville, VA 24370

https://goo.gl/maps/sZ1yQ

The turn off for the Lodge is at the parking lot for the Channels Hike on
Route 80 in Hayters Gap.

We will start arriving around 2 PM. Make sure to bring a lawn chair.

Our own Daryl Owens will be providing barbecue as the main course, but
please bring drinks, sides, and desserts.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 276-206-0842.

Hope to see you all there!

--John