[bcbirdclub] Re: Long Billed Dowitcher

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kendridge@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:10:43 -0400

Dan,

    I would check with Jerry on that Dowitcher Sp. he has a map you can use to
determine which one it is, all ya have to do is follow it to the location on
said map and bingo instant ID. My guess is its the same one I had last year, as
I can make out a hint of the transmitter I put on its leg after blow darting it
to sleep, its weird but after that bird woke up and took flight , it landed in
Jerry’s yard for a night and then it headed back south, I can’t imagine why it
would do such a thing, at any rate I never tracked it to the map locations
Jerry gave due to its southern flight path, and the battery died out on the
transmitter awhile back or I would be able to help more, maybe Jerry can shed
some light on the matter.

Mike Sanders

On Mar 29, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Daniel Kendrick <kendridge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My annual visitor is here again in SW Utah.
> Dan Kendrick
>
> <photo.JPG>
>

> Sent from my iPhone

Buchanan County Bird Club