[bcbirdclub] Kentucky Warbler, Purple Martins

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:35:38 -0400

This morning I took a walk around the place, and as I was walking along the
road that goes into the woods I heard the song of a Kentucky Warbler. He must
be nesting in that area, since he seemed to be on territory. (photo attached).

As I passed the Purple Martin House I watched the lone pair gather nesting
material from the neighbor's pasture and carry it to the house. (another
photo). Another martin pair stopped by for awhile this morning. I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that they decide to nest here too.

A couple of White-crowned Sparrows have been here since yesterday. Too bad they
weren't here for the count on Saturday.