[bcbirdclub] International Birding Day Follow Up

  • From: Roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:41:56 -0400 (EDT)

So far we have had no response to our birding event (below) scheduled for this
coming Saturday. If you plan to attend we need to know by Tuesday evening,
April 28. If we get little or no response we will be canceling the event.

If you can't make it I hope you are at least able to get out and enjoy the
spring birds. Perhaps some of you will be joining David Raines as he leads
another great bird walk in the Breaks Park.

Roger Mayhorn - BCBC President

On Saturday, May 2 , The BCBC will host a birding event for the International
Migratory Bird Day. Birders will meet on Compton Mt at the Mayhorn Home at 8:00
a.m. for breakfast prepared by Lynda Mayhorn. Breakfast will consist of
muffins, fruit, sausage balls,etc.

After breakfast birders will divide into groups and bird different sections of
Buchanan County to see how many different avian species can be found.

For lunch birders should bring their own or buy lunch at a local fast food
place.

When the day of birding is finished birders will return to the Mayhorns' at
5:00 p.m. for a spaghetti dinner, also prepared by Lynda Mayhorn. After dinner
a species list for the day will be compiled.

Come join us and enjoy a day of good birding and good food.
Please RSVP as soon as possible if you plan to attend, so we know how much food
to purchase and prepare.

Roger Mayhorn
BCBC President