[bcbirdclub] House Wren Compton Mt

  • From: Roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:04:29 -0400 (EDT)

Earlier in the day I took a walk around my birding trail that runs around a
section of our property. As I started I heard a Yellow-throated Vireo in the
backyard along with a pair of Eastern Bluebirds and a pair of Tree Swallows.
Walking the trail I heard and saw 3 male Hooded Warblers and 4 Purple Martins.
Near the end of the trail I heard the melodic chatter of a House Wren. We have
never had a pair nest here. They sometimes stop by for awhile then move on. The
last one was in May of 2013.