[bcbirdclub] Gray Catbird/Phoebe/Mudhole

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <jthill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:35:35 -0400

This morning I observed a Gray Catbird starting nest construction just
outside our kitchen window.  This is the same location that we had a nest
last year.  We also have an Eastern Phoebe nesting on our front porch.
We've had a nest there for several years now.  On Monday morning (sorry it's
a little late, but I was on my way to the hospital for a brief stay), Jane
and I saw a pair of Wood Ducks (male and female) in the Mudhole along with 3
Lesser Yellowlegs.  There were also 2 Killdeer nearby.

Jerry