[bcbirdclub] Fw: Surprise Visit

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:38:29 -0400

More bird news from Texas.
Thanks Skip,

Roger Mayhorn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Skip McClellan" <gsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 10:18 PM
Subject: Surprise Visit

Been raining heavy all day today.  Had finally resorted to sprinkles and I
was relaxing on the Patio this evening about 7:00pm enjoying the Cardinals
and Purple Finch feeding on the Black Oil feeders when a female Rose
Breasted Grosbeak appeared. I had to do a double take, as we do not see the
Grosbeak here in this part of Texas.  Next glance, the male also appeared.
That made my day. You guys are lucky to have so many different birds there.
Seeing a Rose Breasted pair here is rare, and certainly a treat for us.  I
still enjoy getting the birding reports from you guys. I read every one of
them.
By the way, the Piliated Woodpecker is still in the area and eating about a
half block of Suet a day.

Good Birding

Skip McClellan
Conroe, Texas