[bcbirdclub] FOS Yellow-throated Warbler

  • From: Roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

During a pause in the rain I went out to the mountain Top Golf Course here on
the mountain in hopes of seeing some migrating shore birds that might have
dropped down to feed in flooded areas. I didn't find any, but while there I
heard a Common Raven croaking as it flew over.
Then from some nearby White Pines I heard the song of a Yellow-throated
Warbler. I was expecting to hear one soon, since it is time for their return.

I returned home, and within a few minutes a Yellow-throated Warbler was feeding
at our suet. It is probably one of the pair that nested near the yard last
year. During a cold spell last spring they started coming to the suet feeder,
and continued it all summer.
It's nice to have these striking little warblers back.