[bcbirdclub] Eggs

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:48:08 -0400

Here is a picture of our one male Purple Martin sitting on the porch of his
house while the female is inside the lower right compartment. When this picture
was taken on May 31 there were 4 white eggs in the nest. Since adult Purple
Martins usually lay 5-7 eggs, I'm hoping there will be a couple more. The
female had placed so much mud near the entrance to the door I couldn't get a
good photo of the nest.

Our neighbor about a half mile from us got a small flock of martins at his
martin house for the first time this past week. Those martins have now nearly
completed six nests.

This is a photo of the Red-eyed Vireo nest on our property. Such tiny eggs in a
delicate basket

JPEG image

JPEG image