[bcbirdclub] Eastern Bluebirds

  • From: STEWART STILTNER <stiltner7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbirdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:06:50 -0400

I have my first nest of Eastern Bluebirds here at my house, As part of a
project at school, he had to make a birdhouse. So we chose to use a gourd.
He brought it home at the end of school and we hung it up along the edge of
the property among some white pines. I noticed that a pair of Bluebirds had
been inspecting it right after we put it up. Yesterday's storm knocked it
down and I went to put it back up and it had three chicks in it that are
almost ready to fledge out....I was afraid that the parents might abandon
them, but I noticed that after I hung the nest back up.....a lot better job
this go-round, they were busily feeding them yesterday evening and today.

Chuck Stiltner