[bcbirdclub] Cove Field Trip Report

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BCBC'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:47:14 -0400

Tom and Laverne Hunter, Peggy Herbert, Dave Worley, and Jerry Thornhill
gathered at the Wardell Park & Ride for the Cove field trip this morning.
Before we departed, we had a nice flyover by a Cooper's Hawk.  It was to be
the beginning of a great day of birding.  We had 59 species for the day.
Some highlights included Bobolink, a male/female pair of Baltimore Orioles
at a nest, and Golden-winged Warbler.  We ended the day with lunch at
Bellacinos.  A complete list is attached.

Jerry