[bcbirdclub] Carbo Field Trip

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:47:29 -0400

On Saturday, March 15, seven members of the Russell County Bird Club birded
the Carbo area of Russell County.  Birders were:  Don Carrier, Sheri Hite,
John Kelly, Roger Mayhorn, Daryl Owens, Betsy Salyer, and Jerry Thornhill.
We found 53 species total with highlights of Red-necked Grebe, a flock of at
least 19 Common Mergansers, and several pairs of soaring Red-tailed Hawks.
I will post a more detailed report on the RCBC web site as soon as I am able
to access it again.  I worked with tech support for over an hour today only
to have the problem escalated to the senior staff.

Jerry Thornhill

RCBC