[bcbirdclub] Breaks Park Waterfowl

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:45:16 -0500

Yesterday evening my brother, Gary, & I had an opportunity to do a little
birding in the park. We were somewhat surprised to find no waterfowl on Laurel
Lake(maybe because of the construction machinery near the lake). We hiked down
to the Beaver Pond & were pleased to find several gorgeous Hooded Mergansers,
some Ring-necked Ducks & 9 Wood Ducks. We were unable to get an accurate count
as they flushed as we approached the pond. Carolina Chickadees, Goldfinch,
Downy & Hairy Woodpecker were also noted near the pond. I surely hope we have
some of these waterfowl for the Breaks CBC on Dec.17th.
DaveR/Breaks,VA