[bcbirdclub] Bluebirds and Migrants

  • From: Roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:08:19 -0400 (EDT)

Today I checked the 25 boxes of our Bluebird Trail here on Compton Mt. Ten of
those boxes are on the Mountain Top Golf Course. Eight of them are on my
property, and the rest are scattered around the mountain on other properties.
Eight of the nests had complete bluebird nests with a total of 18 bluebird
eggs.

In one spot I found 7 female or imm. male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks feeding on
locust buds. I heard two vireo, Yellow-throated and Blue-headed. A pair of Tree
Swallows was rather protective of one empty nest box. I heard my FOS Hooded
Warbler for the mountain along with 5 Yellow-throated Warblers, 2 male
Black-and-whites and 2 Ovenbirds.
Below is the complete list.

Wild Turkey 1m
Mourning Dove 2