[bcbirdclub] Bald Eagles

  • From: Peggy Herbert <peggyfullmoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbc/bird <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 20:20:28 -0700 (PDT)

Flyby of 2 adult Bald Eagles. I was driving east on Rt. 19/460, just past
Claypool Hill about 6:30pm this evening. At Cuz's Uptown BBQ the pair were
flying low in a southerly direction toward Clinch River. On several occasions,
of late, I've seen a single Bald Eagle near Crab Orchard Museum, on the river
side.
On another note; a Loggerhead Shrike has taken up residence here in Belfast,
just 1/4 mile from my home on Mountain Road. It's frequently seen on the power
line beside the road or in a briar patch below. This would be almost directly
across from Dave Worley's house. Hope it stays.

Peggy