[bcbirdclub] Baby Makes Three

  • From: wdunson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wad4@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 19:21:51 +0000 (UTC)

One of the remarkable things you can do to encourage bird life in your yard is
to put up a screech owl box. This often results in a female taking over the box
and a male will usually roost nearby in some bushes. This has been going on for
many years in our yard. But this year the results of this happy union first
became obvious when a baby owl appeared in our yard. It had jumped out of the
box and taken up residence in a dense bush. Since Mom is a gray morph owl and
Dad is a red morph, we are wondering what color Junior will be. There seems to
be a slight hint of reddish color under Junior's down feathers but we will have
to wait and see.

Bill Dunson