[bcbirdclub] Re: A very Brave Red-wing Blackbird

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 'Buchanan Birds' <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 05:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

Unless this is a photograph of a different eagle, I believe there is a story
behind Don's incredible photo. As we were looking out over Sheldon Marsh, a
Great Blue Heron rose from the reeds with a rodent in its beak. It settled
behind some other reeds, out of sight. A few seconds later, an eagle swooped
down to the exact area where the heron had landed and then flew into the air
with a rodent in its talons. We assumed a bit of thievery had taken place.

  Great photo, Don.

  Michelle Talbott

Don Carrier <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Thought you guys might enjoy this photo from this years trip to Magee
Marsh.

Got a little couch potato?

JPEG image