BBspot Update - 2/23/07

  • From: "Brian Briggs" <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:42:26 -0500

That's right folks, you read that correctly. Simply browse from the
extensive (300+) list of magazines that best match your skills and
interests. All of the magazines are absolutely free of charge, no hidden
fees, and no obligation. A few titles that may be of interest would be
Oracle Magazine, eWeek, or Enterprise Open Source Journal.
Subscribe Free Today!
http://bbspot.tradepub.com/

NEW STUFF

After the first two Trailer Reviews this year, I've had enough
motorcycle movies, but not enough sex and violence.  However, my quota
might be full after the Trailer Review for 300...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/review-300.html

Just how far would you go to own a Mac...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2007/02/2561.php

Germs in the workplace, germs at home, germs on your cell phone.  The
germs are everywhere, even on planet-splitting meteors headed toward
Earth...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/giant-meteor-covered-in-germs.html

Om Malik's worst nightmare...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/02/2566.php

People have asked Esenam Ayele for money to start a new business, to get
out of debt, even just for the heck of it, but never before has anyone
wanted to use his money for this...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/mailbag_20070221.html

Now that's contextual advertising...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2007/02/2559.php

The top 11 ways Harry Potter dies in Deathly Hallows: part 2...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/top-11-ways-harry-potter-dies-in-deathly-hallows-2.html

Windows Vista's response to the switch campaign...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/02/2565.php

Fresh off his call for music companies to remove DRM, Steve Jobs
challenges God to remove DNA restrictions...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/02/steve-jobs-god-dna.html

The perils of testing in an office with only one bathroom...
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2007/02/2552.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- Read about how I managed to hurt myself at a book club...
(http://www.bbspot.com/Log/)

- Don't forget that there are five new BBloopers each week in the
BBloopers section... (http://www.bbloopers.com)

- Vote in this week's poll - "Favorite Productivity Suite":
(http://www.bbspot.com/Polls/index.php).  Check out the winner in last
week's poll "Best Way to Lose Weight"
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2007/23-February-2007.html)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

We Americans live in a nation where the medical-care system is second to
none in the world, unless you count maybe 25 or 30 little scuzzball
countries like Scotland that we could vaporize in seconds if we felt
like it.
-Dave Barry
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section (updated
M-F) in case you missed them during the week.   All the links during the
week can be found here: http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

Vista wallpapers that weren't used by Microsoft...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darwishh/sets/72157594510047657/

Annoying things about Vista...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070220/tc_pcworld/129126

The right way to handle customer service...
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/customerservice.html

Bringing you pictures in stereo...
http://www.isnichwahr.de/redirect16975.html

Top sci-fi franchises...
http://forevergeek.com/entertainment/the_10_greatest_scifi_franchises_of_all_time.php

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx
--
Brian Briggs
http://www.bbspot.com