[bas] USPSA news leter....

  • From: "Jack Folloni" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jafolloni@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: BAS BAS <bas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:54:01 +0000 (UTC)

FYI....

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: USPSA Down Range <uspsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jafolloni@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 9:39 AM
Subject: STI introduces 2 new competition pistols

USPSA Down Range - United States Practical Shooting Association

| This message contains images. If you don't see images, click here to view.
Advertise in this news brief.

| |

| Text Version  RSS  Subscribe  Unsubscribe  Archive  Media Kit |      | April
24, 2015

| About USPSA  |  Find Clubs  |  Find Matches  |  Match Results  |  Club
Support  |  Member Support  |  Rules  | Join  |

| |

|   |

| |

| USPSA NEWS |

| Remington Outdoor Company to offer special benefit to USPSA members
USPSA
Starting May 1, Remington Outdoor Company will be offering current USPSA
members ROC Employee pricing on a large number of products by Remington,
Bushmaster, DPMS, Para USA and H&R. That's nearly 50 percent off the MSRP! All
you will need is a scanned image of the back of your current USPSA membership
card, a completed order form and a current copy of your preferred dealer's FFL.

|    Share this article:   |
| READ MORE   |

| |

Highlights of 2015 NRA Annual Meeting and Show
USPSA
The 2015 NRA Annual Meetings and Show was held in Nashville, Tennessee, and
USPSA was there with a booth again this year. This was a great opportunity to
meet and talk to gun owners and competition shooters about USPSA. NRA reported
over 78k visitors during the three*day event. During the show we showcased
video from the 2014 HG Nationals, the 2014 Area 6 MG Match, video from a local
indoor club match and USPSA information video hosted by Travis Tomasie and
passed out the Front Sight Annual Edition.

A special thanks to Rob Leatham, Travis Tomasie, Dave Sevigny, Athena Lee,
Annette Aysen, Brooke Sevigny and Mike Seeklander who all came by to talk shop
with attendees during the three-day event. USPSA President Phil Strader and
DNROI Troy McManus were on hand during the show to also field question. Also
USPSA Presidential Candidate Mike Foley came by and talked to folks.

The number one question that was asked during the three days was "Were can a
find a match?" We directed people to the USPSA website. Now would be a good
time to make sure that your club information is current and up to date on the
website.

Thanks for everyone that stopped by, we will be back at the 2016 Show in
Louisville, Kentucky.

| Share this article:   |

Germaine Bello Adams to speak at Centennial Gun Club's Ladies Night: April 28
Centennial Gun Club
Germaine Bello Adams will be speaking about USPSA at Centennial Gun Club's
Ladies Night, on Tuesday, April 28. She will have USPSA brochures, 2015 annual
FS issues, some swag and rigs of the different shooting divisions on display.
The event is from 5-8 p.m.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

| INDUSTRY NEWS |

4 reasons why 3-gun competitions are the future of women's shooting
Newsmax
Once girls with guns have mastered basic shooting skills at the range, it's
not uncommon to desire more of a challenge. A natural next step is a 3-gun
match. A 3-gun match involves shooting different stages with a pistol, rifle
and shotgun. Skill, accuracy and speed are judged and points are earned by
hitting certain targets and avoiding others. Let's take a look at just why
3-gun competitions are the future of women's shooting.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

STI introduces 2 new competition pistols with the DVC Series
Ammoland
The new DVC Limited and Open competition pistols are designed to win matches
right out of the box. Both pistols are an entirely new design based off of the
tried and true 2011 and are built specifically for competitive shooting. The
guns feature a wider than standard frame with a full length dust cover with
added cuts for style and balance. An all new sear design breaks like glass at a
clean 2–2.5 pounds.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

PRODUCT SHOWCASE
| |   | Premium quality tactical nylon

Black Scorpion Outdoor Gear is a US-based company dealing in manufacturing and
distribution of premium quality tactical nylon equipment for military, law
enforcement, shooting enthusiasts, and members of USPSA and IPSC.Our products
are sold primarily through our network of dealers and distributors, as well as
direct sales to military and law enforcement agencies. MORE |   |

Some sage advice for women taking up shotgun sports
By Irwin Greenstein
In January, the president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation discussed
the findings of a new report, "Women Gun Owners: Purchasing, Perceptions and
Participation." More than half of the female participants in the survey said
they intended to purchase at least one firearm during the next 12 months. With
that in mind, women new to the shotgun sports should be aware of some
challenges and nuances when purchasing a shotgun and learning to use it.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

Colt's competition-ready bloodline
The Shooter's Log
Colt has been the sole manufacturer of the M16 rifle for the U.S. military
since it was first deployed in combat during the Vietnam War in the 1960s.
Since then, the M16 has proven to be reliable in combat and a performer in
competitive shooting. In service-rifle competition, the rifle is as close to
standard issue as a civilian can get with Mil-Spec A2-style buttstock, sights
and round handguard.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

| |   | Bullet Feeders

The GSI bullet feeder is designed to feed and seat in the same station. Making
reloading more consistent and ensuring properly placed bullets.

Call: 877-951-1890 For Details |   |

Accu-Grip now offering adjustable grips for AK rifles
Guns.com
Accu-Grip is launching a patented, adjustable pistol grip for the time-tested
AK pattern. The Accu-Grip uses a two-piece design that lets users lock the grip
base into the rifle and move an outer grip shell forwards and backwards to
fine-tune the distance between the grip and the trigger in .10-inch increments.
The Accu-Grip not only provides a Western-style pistol grip, the trigger reach
can be set to suit individual shooter needs.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

Primer on reading the wind down range
Gun Digest
When it comes to long-range shooting the wind really blows. Perhaps no one
environmental variable wreaks more havoc in delivering a round on target.
However, with a little knowhow and some patience even the stiffest gusts can be
tamed.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

Concealed carry common sense
American Rifleman
There are some common-sense criteria in choosing a concealed-carry firearm. At
the outset, we have to differentiate between a home-defense handgun and a
concealed-carry one. They are very different.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

Trick shot: .45 Colt bullet through the center of a compact disk
Bearing Arms
In this video, 22 Plinkster attempts to get a .45 slug through the center of a
CD using a brass-framed Henry rifle.

| Share this article:   |
| READ MORE |

|   |

| |

| USPSA Down Range
| |

United States Practical Shooting Association
872 North Hill Blvd. |Burlington, WA 98233 |360-855-2245
Contact Us | www.uspsa.org
Copyright ©2014. All Rights Reserved.

Kim Williams, USPSA Executive Director, 360-855-2245, Ext. 107
Chris Taylor, USPSA Media Director
Colby Horton, Vice President of Publishing, 469.420.2601 | Download media kit
Jason Zimmerman, Assistant Executive Editor, 469.420.2686  | Contribute news

Learn how to add us to your address book or safe sender list so our emails get
to your inbox.

This edition of USPSA Down Range was sent to jafolloni@xxxxxxxxx.

Did someone forward this edition to you? Subscribe here — it's free! To
unsubscribe, click here. | | Recent issues

| |

April 16, 2015
April 9, 2015
April 2, 2015
March 26, 2015

7701 Las Colinas Ridge, Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063 |