Badges - Re: Video of victim in Baltimore McDonald's attack

  • From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:32:40 -0700

Ditto on South-central. We had them coming down Saloon (yeah the famous
Slauson cut off routine) Venice, Washington and Jefferson Blvd's looking for
places to 'caper', particularly in the summer. Almost always the 'youth' and
seldom the adults. When I went to Computer School (1981) I had a lady (good
looking blonde from the Midwest) who was a teacher and wanted a 'challenge'
when she got out of USC. So LA City Schools put her in an elementary
classroom in South-central, which she did for over 10 years. She said the
people/businesses/parents were unbelievable in how well they treated her.
For example, she had a flat tire leaving the school and there was a LINE of
people immediately to help her (and they all knew she was a teacher). Give
her food, produce, wash her car (refused to let her pay) all the time. She
said the kids (5th grade) finally got to her when they started busing (for
racial balance) and the weapons started coming to school with NOTHING being
done about it.