[badge] Re: debian install help

  • From: kamesh jayachandran <kameshj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ramakrishnan M <rkrishnan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:21:16 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

> kamesh jayachandran wrote:
> >
> > I have some problems in installing debian in my frined's box.
> > 1)He is having 2 harddisks in his box.I want to install debian linux in
> > secondary disk.Is it possible to boot the os in secondary hard disk.
>
> yes, it is possible, I think. Not very sure...
yes I am able to do that.

> > 2)How to name the mount point at the time of installation?
> > I have created 3 linux ext2 file system on the secondary disk but not
> > able to name them to be mounted on the say /usr or whatever mount point.
> > It just tries to install everything under the primary partition of the
> > secondary disk which it automatically mounts as "/".
>
> Hoping that you have both the HDDs in the primary IDE cable, it will be called
> /dev/hdb1, hdb2 etc. While installing it will ask for mount points, before
> that
> switch the virtual terminal and find out the names. YOu can do that using
> fdisk
> (fdisk /dev/hdb). You will get the names. (If it is not hdb it will show an
> error and you can try hdc or hdd, which are the drives connected in
the
> secondary IDE cable..)
Yes I am able to mount it.
My another query is how to give the ip address for the interface card .Any
utilities like netconf or netconfig?

with regards
kamesh jayachandran

--
"Jamie, you know how inappropriate it is to introduce facts in a
 discussion about ReiserFS, please refrain from that in the future."

(without quotes) in the Subject field.