Backyard-astro.com Newsletter: Site update: Observing M31, the Andromeda Galaxy

  • From: MH <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: backyard-astro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:51:18 +0100

Hi All,

I just added a new article to my site in the "Focus on...." section:
Observing M 31,the Andromeda Galaxy. In the article you will find a
little history of observing M 31, four of my own observing reports,
what to expect when observing M 31, where to find M 31 (finder chart
included), a table of data on M 31, M 32 and M110, some interesting
links to detailed online photographic atlases of M 31 and more. I
illustrated the article with sketches Al Sufi and Charles Messier. I
also would like to thank Sue French, Robert Gendler and Martin Germano
who granted me permission to use some of their images/sketches for my
article.
Just follow this link to read the full story:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/focusonarchive/m31/m31.html

Enjoy!

Math
http://www.backyard-astro.com

OR by logging into the Web interface.

- Online, searchable archives of the Backyard-astro.com Newsletter are
available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/backyard-astro  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.