[AZ-Observing] Re: az-observing Digest V7 #251

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:48:25 -0700

Keith Parizek had his comparator set up so that, during alignment,
superimposed images of both plates were seen.  Not sure how he did that
except for that it involved a prism (or prisms) he scavenged from an old set
of binocs.  He just had to get a few bright stars at opposite corners to
line up, and he was ready to blink.  When he demonstrated it to me, he was
using prints instead of plates, and it was already aligned.  I'm guessing it
only took him 10-15 minutes to load and align.