[AZ-Observing] Venus - Mars conjunction

  • From: "Orman Joe-P27491" <Joe.Orman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:06:03 -0700

The sky was clear this morning in the Phoenix area, so I got a good view =
of Mars close to Venus.  They are approaching conjunction; by Saturday =
morning Mars will appear less than 2 degrees to the right of the =
much-brighter Venus.  Look in the East-Southeast about an hour before =
sunrise.

On a related note, I finally uploaded the rest of my photos of last =
spring's planetary alignment; now the sequence is complete from =
mid-April to early June:
http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeHotstuff.html
Put your cursor over each image to see the labels.

--Joe Orman

Joe Orman's Photo Pages:
http://pages.prodigy.net/pam.orman/JoeGallery.html