[AZ-Observing] Re: Upcoming Leonid meteors

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:29:39 -0500

Well duh, I should have thought of that.  Can you see *any* shower meteors when
the radiant is completely below the horizon?  My one very negative experience
was when I was in Namibia during the Perseid shower of 2004.  The radiant
culminated only about 5 degrees above the northern horizon.  I saw serveral
meteors per hour at that time  You wouldn't have even known there was a meteor
shower.

Tom