[AZ-Observing] Tuzigoot Star Party Report

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 17:59:17 -0700

I attended the Tuigoot star party last night jut norht of Clarkdale,
AZ (20 miles north of Phoenix). It was a most lovely night. THere were
several hundred people there and I estimate about a dozen telescopes.
I had my 8" LX10 Meade set up and used a Star Analyser in a 7.5 mm
eyepiece to show spectra of Arcturus, Vega and Antares I also showed
the spectrum of Saturn. A few people seemed very interested in this. I
think everyone one else with a telescope just showed Saturn, the Moon
and some deep sky objects.
All in all it was a delightful evening and I thank JD Maddy and his
wife for their hospitality.

Jeff

Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
(187283)