[AZ-Observing] Re: Telescope status in Catalinas

  • From: "Bob Erdmann @ ATT" <boberdmann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:00:18 -0700

Seems that putting observatories in heavily wooded areas certainly has its
risks - The Mt. Stromlo, Australia, fire, back in January, was particularly
devastating, and just about wiped out the entire observatory.  I'll keep my
fingers crossed that the Aspen fire doesn't do that kind of damage to the
astronomical facilities.

/Bob
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has
endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us
to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei