[AZ-Observing] Re: Star Trails photo in Arizona Republic

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:31:52 -0700

 And we also have a Joe Orman Moment coming up on Monday eve. The Moon will
occult the Pleiades between 8:30 and 10:30 PM. Should be interesting in the
telescope to see the brighter sisters wink out and wink back in. (October S&T
p. 63) Moonrise 7:45 PM.

I forgot to mention it at the meeting last night and also forgot to mention
what the little anti-fogging pads were for that I demonstrated. That's the
hazard of working without notes. You are supposed to keep a couple of those
pads in the little secret compartment in your Telrad so you can treat the
glass when dew starts. Then you can keep on observing. The Telrad is usually
the first thing to go. I got them at Cabela's, Parker's Perfect Premoistened
Towelettes, 12-pack $3.99.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club