[AZ-Observing] Star Trails Photo

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Forum SAC <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:56:33 -0700

My apologies to all who rightfully questioned the direction I thought I was
pointed on the star trails image. Friday night was a little crazy for me,
replete with power issues and running around trying to fix things so I could
image.

That photo was indeed pointed north. I did it because I wanted concentric
trails around Polaris. I took about four different photos that night and
between my equipment making beeping noises it wasn't supposed to make and the
clouds, I just forgot which photo was which. The shot I did with my telescope
in the frame when the Milky way was coming up was obviously pointed east.

David was the first to point this out to me and I officially apologize to all.
Senior moment I guess :)

Cheers

Albert