[AZ-Observing] Re: Solar Filter Recommendations Needed

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 15:27:23 -0700

I checked my leftover stock of Baader film and have a 13x 7.5 inch and a 5x5
on the end of that. I'll take another 7.5x7.5 out of that, so you can use
what's left of that if it's enough.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and
Messier Marathon Coordinator
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I would like to get a good solar filter for my Pronto.  Any
> recommendations on what to get and where to buy it?

Hey all,

Paul, Rick Tejera and myself both made solar filters from the Baader
material.
While you do have to actually "make" the filter, I like it's neutral color.
And it's
fairly inexpensive.  Possibly does anyone have any leftover to sell you?

Thad

messages.  Thanks.