[AZ-Observing] Re: Sentinel Star Gaze and Solar System Challenge, Dec. 3 weekend

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:53:31 -0700

No, I can't provide a link.  But I will include the text within this
message.  It certainly is aggravating trying to deal with a system that =
does
its best to make things difficult.  I wonder if another service would be
worth investigating, this attachment can't be more than a meg or two.

See below;
Steve Coe

Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze
Sat. Dec. 3, 2005

The Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze is a chance for astronomers to meet at an
Arizona dark sky site.  It is sponsored by the Deep Sky Group of the =
Saguaro
Astronomy Club in memory of Pierre Schwaar.  There is no registration =
and no
fee to attend, just show up and enjoy the night sky.  In the past, folks
have arrived on Friday, for two nights of observing.  There are no
facilities at the site; it is just a large flat area in the middle of =
the
desert southwest.  It gets both hot and cold, depending on the whim of =
the
weather, so bring cool water and warm clothes. =20

Please be courteous about white light, many observers and photographers =
are
going after very dim objects.

To get to the site, drive to Gila Bend, AZ. and get on the I-8 freeway =
going
west toward Yuma.  The Sentinel exit is #87, about 30 miles west from =
Gila
Bend.  Take the exit and go south, across the railroad tracks.  Go =
straight
south on the dirt road and drive 2 miles until you see a large, flat =
area of
the desert to your left, white rocks mark the site.  It is before a =
cattle
guard.  YOU ARE THERE!