[AZ-Observing] Re: Saturn and Comet Machholz

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:09:03 -0700

The seeing was a little better here earlier that night (Wed 1/12 9pm), around
a 7, and I could use 250X on my 100mm ED refractor. I use a 9mm Nagler on a
Televue 2.5X Barlow to get 250X, an equivalent 3.6mm, still giving a good
field and adequate eye relief.

Variable double star Iota Cass was a challenge triple for me at 2" and 7".
It's a beaut! Bright Star Atlas says 2.5" (2000). Also Sigma Cass at 3" was a
tough but beautiful split, blue with the companion a fuzzy green, nice! It's
about a degree S of NGC 7789, the White Rose Cluster.

I use this nifty animated website (Damian Peach's) for seeing comparisons:

http://uk.geocities.com/dpeach_78/pickering.htm

Jack