[AZ-Observing] Re: Ring around the Moon

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:55:57 -0700

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 04:26 +0000, Steve Coe wrote:

Tom;
This is not what I saw in Wickenburg. I saw a ring around the Moon that had
a radius of 25 degrees or so.
Steve

At least in Flagstaff there were both the
22-deg halo and the multi-colored corona close
to the Moon coming and going depending on the
presence in the clouds of ice crystals (for the
former) or water droplets (for the latter).
I expect to see a lot of both in the
coming season.

\Brian