[AZ-Observing] Re: Recharging - follow up question

  • From: "Jim Waters" <james.t.waters@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:11:20 -0700

No - I plug my Lenovo (Think Pad) DC to DC inverter into a female Cigarette
Lighter receptacle that's has car battery clips on it then attach that to my
Deep Cycle Marine battery.   I then plug the Lenovo DC to DC inverter into
my laptop.  Lenovo calls it a "DC Travel Adapter"...

I think this was the one I ordered.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd027568

This is what it looks like.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q
=lenovo+E440+dc+travel+adapter&tbm=shop&spd=6410193887901036824

It's not really designed to charge and power the laptop at the same time.

You should call Lenovo Sales to ensure you got the correct one.

Jim