[AZ-Observing] Re: Possible nova in Monoceros

  • From: Mark Wainright <markwain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Jan 2002 13:10:37 -0800

Hi,

I was able to find this object from my backyard in Chandler with an 8" SCT.
The magnitude was ~10.  There are several stars of similar magnitude in the
area.  A chart printed from The Sky and a print out of the DSS image of that
area made the task simple enough.  Thanks, Joe, for the alert.

Clear skies,
Mark

On Fri, 11 January 2002, Joe Macke wrote:

> I don't know how much of this will get through the mail server, but
> with the number of folks going out this weekend, I though you might
> be interested in this:
>

> The following was issued January 10, 2002:
>
>              THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF VARIABLE STAR OBSERVERS
>                    25 Birch Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
>                           INTERNET:  aavso@xxxxxxxxx
>                    Tel. 617-354-0484 Fax 617-354-0665
>
>                    AAVSO ALERT NOTICE 292 (January 10, 2002)
>
> 0659-03 PECULIAR VARIABLE IN MONOCEROS (VAR MON 02)

Visit our web site at:
http://www.geocities.com/mark_and_karry
http://www.shopping.altavista.com
---