[AZ-Observing] Re: Photographic results from Perseid Meteor shower

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 05:50:28 -0700 (PDT)

Wayne, two of the meteors appear to be tumbling.  You can see this as spikes of
brightness along the path.  Why the colors?  If this is a camera phenomenon,
then all the meteors would show this.
Take Care,

Chris

Astro: http://www.schursastrophotography.com
Running: http://www.schursastrophotography.com/runningmain.html
Robotics: http://www.schursastrophotography.com/roboticsmain.html
Paleo: http://www.schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:56:35 -0700 (PDT)

HI all,
?
Going over 80 automated exposures during the meteor shower, I found 8 meteors
and one Iridium flare on the wide angle frames.? Here are the images, complete
with line profiles for brightness along their length to compare:
?
http://www.schursastrophotography.com/meteorspages/perseids2010.html