[AZ-Observing] One my way to Deming, NM

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:07:29 -0400

Howdy all;

Well, it sounds like you folks are hoping to try Fredericksen's Meadow for
late June and/or early July.

I will be moving from Benson, AZ to Deming NM tomorrow.  Tom and Jeannie
Clark are staying in an RV park there for another week before we will move
up to their property about 30 miles north of Deming.  We will be working
on some RV hookups and tools for the shop that is being built this week.
I don't know how long they are looking to stay, I plan to leave for Oregon
Star Party in the third week of August.

The smoke in Benson from the fire in the mountains above the town is
really messing up any observing.  I just stepped outside for a few minutes
and you can just barely see Sagittarius and Scorpius.  It will be nice to
be away from it all.  I hope the places in New Mexico are far enough away
to get some clear skies.

Here's hoping we can all get a good view of the sky;
Steve Coe