[AZ-Observing] Observed PANSTARRS March 11 7:17 to 7:28 PM from Maricopa

  • From: Jim Warthman <jwarthmanlists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing az-observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:07:04 -0700

Hello,
I decided to go a bit south to get away from at least some of the Phoenix light
dome, so I went about 10 miles north of Maricopa on Rt. 347.
I first acquired the comet with binoculars at 7:17 PM, right where I expected
it to be over the Estrellas (thank you, Sky Safari Pro and The Photographer's
Ephemeris!)

I was immediately able to see it naked eye, and watched this gorgeous sight
until it set behind the Estrellas at 7:28 PM.

I made several images, which you can see on Google+ here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/112961726029592953039/albums/5854314671151893073

You can also see them on my web site here:

http://www.warthmanphotography.com/p826421244

Comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

Thanks,

Jim