[AZ-Observing] Re: Novice group weather

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:38:32 -0700

Well the weather is certainly strange. I would not have ventured out
to any remote location as leaving time it was dark to the west and
raining here.

Early evening it cleared here on the west side of Phoenix. I got some
good photometry tonight  9 - 10 PM. The sky is nearly cloud free and
the moon is just starting to rise.

While I have a dew shield and heater on my C-8 When I would look in
it I couldn't even see the red illuminated reticle.  I had to keep
wiping my eyepiece as it would get completely fogged over unless I
held my breath.

I suspect the hardy souls who ventured out tonight will be well
rewarded if they have dew protection.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************