[AZ-Observing] More Mars

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TAAA Forum <taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:20:30 -0700

After a pleasant Whipple Star Party I headed over to Dean Salman's.
While the seeing had been quite mushy in the foothills of the Santa
Ritas,  Dean reported much better conditions at his place in the center
of the valley, so I headed his way to do a little webcam work on Mars.
The seeing wasn't perfect, but a great deal better allowing some decent
material to be taken.

The first image processed is below taken at 0047 MST, I am not
completely happy with the processing, this is the first time I have used
the new version of Registax and it needs work.  Still it shows the
developing dust storms across the south.  Dean was also concentrating on
webcamming Mars and I suspect we will see more from him soon.

http://www.siowl.com/dropbox/Mars200510230747.jpg

Get out and Enjoy Mars!

Andrew

Andrew Cooper