[AZ-Observing] Messier sketches and video cam pix web site

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:24:35 -0700

Here is an interesting web page combining Messier object sketches and
video camera pix.
Gene Lucas
(17250)
Posted 12-03-08 on Videoastro yahoo group by Larry McHenry lsmch@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >>Hi,
I recently finished a little project that I've been working on this
fall, creating a new page that would display side-by-side my sketches
and video capture images of the Messier Catalog.
The new page is called: "Messier Objects: Sketches & Images".
Here's a direct link: http://home.comcast.net/~lsmch/messierobj-f.htm
<http://home.comcast.net/%7Elsmch/messierobj-f.htm>

It's not quite done. While all of the Messier sketches are there,
I've only got about a third of the objects video imaged. I do have
another 30 or so video clips to process that I captured up at the
Black Forest Starparty, and I'll be working on processing those during
the holiday season. That leaves me a little project for this winter &
next year of finishing video capturing the rest of the Messier
catalog. Then on to the NGC!

Thanks,
Larry
Astronomical Observations webportal: