[AZ-Observing] Messier Marathon report

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SAC-Forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jerry Hyman <jerryahyman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:26:36 -0700

So I'm a couple of days late I know, but I have a good excuse.  When I got
home I had approximately 4200 emails that all had "AZ-Observing PANSTARRS"
in the subject line.  It takes awhile to get through it but I did enjoy
seeing all of the great images that were posted.  I first observed the
comet with Lynn Blackburn on March 10th.  Though it underperformed
expectations, I still enjoyed digging it out of the twilight each night.
For those that are interested I've posted a full writeup of my nine day
adventure in the desert as well as my initial thoughts on the Explore
Scientific ED152CF refractor at my site.  The post also contains a couple
of time lapse videos that I shot while I was out there.  The full report
can be found at:

http://mike-wiles.blogspot.com/2013/03/messier-and-ed152.html

If you're more of a pictures and video kind of person, you can skip the
reading.  I shot a time lapse of the ED152 in action on March 11th.  The
guys at Explore Scientific enjoyed it enough to put it on the front page of
their site this morning.  If you just want to check out the time lapse...it
can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E02UiBKb6iM

It was a great time out and I'm already looking forward to the All Arizona
Star Party.

Mike