[AZ-Observing] Re: Meade 216XT CCD Camera

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:18:49 -0700

Some of the deep sky observers maay be interested.

I have a Meade 216XT CCD camera. It has only been used a dozen times
and is in new condition.  See the Meade web site for product details.

http://www.meade.com/catalog/meade_pictor/meade_pictor_216xt.htm
and
http://www.meade.com/catalog/meade_pictor/index.htm

It has many nice features, B&W CCD (TC-255), 16 bit, thermoelectric
cooled and regulated. In addition to imaging it can also be used as
an auto guider.

It requires a serial port and 12 VDC @ 1.2 Amp (for cooler). I've
used it with a Macintosh and Virtual PC (Win 98) and with a Dell PC
with Win 2000. The software has many nice features, but image
download time is a bear. Once focus, position and exposure are set,
it is straight forward, but slow. I have the original Pictor software
diskettes, but the latest software is free for download at the Meade
web site.

http://www.meade.com/catalog/pictor/pvrev.html

The reason I'm selling it is it is just sitting unused and someone
who has the interest might make better use of it. The original (and
current) cost - $695 US$. I'll sell it for about half that or $350.00
US$ plus shipping. I have just one so it's first come basis.

Anyone interested, please contact me off the list. phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff

http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html
--