[AZ-Observing] M53

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Forum SAC <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:12:48 -0700

I posted a link to an image I did last night of M53. When I took a close look
at the stars I could see the alignment was off as they just didn't look right.
I tried every registration routine available in Maxim and they all looked bad.
Then I did a star registration in PixInsight and the stars looked perfect but
when I stacked the subs I could see some small black artifacts throughout the
image. I eliminated my calibration files and the problem went away.
Has anyone ever had a problem like this? I'd love to resolve it. Meantime,
here's a link to the finished image:

Thanks for looking,

Albert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/8641745394/in/photostream/