[AZ-Observing] Re: KOFA

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:48:41 -0700

Jim,

KOFA is DARK, being 100+mi west of Phoenix, and the
dirt road is well-maintained. KOFA is 1 hr 45 min from my house
in Glendale. It would be about the same for EVAC people living
on the east side, I imagine. I think SAC has only been there once,
when Sentinel was closed several months ago. We set up on the
east side of the road in a HUGE open area, but Steve Coe found a
better spot on the right (west) about .10 miles further south.
It is a nice location, for sure. I would like to head out there,
but I can only stay one night (tonight). If not, I suppose Vekol
might do.

Matt

messages.  Thanks.