[AZ-Observing] Re: Holmes 2-day Time-Lapse

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:20:16 -0400

Chris,

I asked that very question (curve of diameter vs. time so far) on the comets-ml
group.  I have only two days worth of data (well, and it was stellar just
before the outburst), so I'm not going to draw any curves.  For what it's
worth, the inner disc grew from 4.9' to 6.5' in the 24 hours between my two
images.

It seems like it would be easy for somebody to dig through the posted images on
line for the past week -- locating those rare examples where the scale is
indicated -- and create such a curve.

Tom