[AZ-Observing] Re: Holmes 17P Comet Images

  • From: Janis Schoenfeld <ganymedes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:12:19 -0700

Maybe it’s because an old friend has just returned to the early morning
sky (M42), but I have to agree with Brian here. Not even the most jaw
dropping Hubble photograph of this object has ever come close to what I
have experienced spending a few hours with it at the scope. The dusty
regions float and almost seem to dance at times between you and the
luminous part of the nebula itself. There is a “presence” to it that no
image has ever captured.

Janis